PEACH MAGAZINE - PREVIEW ISSUE
First issue of Peach Magazine - we hope you love it!
Hello everyone, we have put together a wishlist of all the little things we so for those of you cant get enough of cute bits and bobs for you and your room!
1. 'IT' by Alexa Chung, for those who are always on the look for new inspirations, can be ordered online
2. The daisy Karen Waker ring is bound to put a huge smile on your face each time you see ths little gem on your hand, can be bought from most jewelers or from the Karen Walker store, or even ordered online.
3. Watermelon duvet is maybe the cutest thing I have ever seen, get yours from Gorman.com
4. These babies are definitly a statement but these need to be added to my platform shoe collection, from any shoe shop eg Wildpair.
5. Everyone needs to add a pair of cat eyes glasses to their wardobe this summer, so grab yours from pretty muchanywhere, tip: look in opshops.
6. Artic Monkeys tickets for May next year, finally one of our favourite bands are coming to NZ! Grab yours from any ticket store online.
This gorgeous rope necklace is the perfect item for summer, it can be worn with pretty much any colour and style and is sure to add some spunk to any outfit! Get yours from @krucialxclothing or their website krucialclothing.tictail.com for only $12 (nz)
THE ART OF HAPPINESS
make your day the most happy it can be.
Everyone has their bad days sometimes whether you like it or not, but there a few simple ways to turn the day around. Happiness is decided by yourslef and no one else. So first of all just think, are you making yourself in a negative mood? Think happy thoughts and they will shine through you. So here's a few things to lighten your mood and make you feel good.
1. Take care of youself - eat something fresh!
2. Take a long walk to somewhere you have never been before and go exploring.
3. Smile to strangers on the street
4. Go outside and pick some flowers for someone you love - or even pick some for yourslef!
5. Live life for the small things like someone picking up the pen you've dropped.
6. Tell yourself that you are happy - you'll be suprised how your state of mind changes how your feeling.
7. Draw something whenever you have the chance, even if you dont feel like it.
8. Cut out on any negativity in your day, whether its a person who brings you down, or anything - just try it!
We all know that summertime is the prime time for glorious skin & hair, & as those glorious summer days begin to roll in one by one it’s time to pull out that itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny yellow polka bikini or maybe a gorgeous 60’s style once piece & head down to the beach.
But as much as we would like to have glowing skin & hair, it isn’t automatic, so how do we keep it refreshed all summer long?
Well it’s time to listen up, I’ve got hair & skin care type for every hair & skin type, & they won’t break the bank!
PREP YOUR SKIN FOR SUMMER.
The products that keep your skin glowing & soft in winter are just going to leave your skin oily & sweaty during the summer months. So when the summer season hits it’s time to switch your beauty kit to products that let your skins breathe.
Beauty Tip: Use Products that have lightweight ingredients so they allow your skin to breathe.
SUMMER SUN CARE
article by @rlspaan - part 1
Have you ever wondered as the months warm up why breakouts of bad skin become more frequent?
Well listen close, that extra moisture on your skin throughout the summer months is not sweat! It’s not sweat that is causing your breakouts at all, the oil glands on your skins surface become more active when it’s hot, which means more oil, which means more breakouts.
Throughout teen years acne can be a major problem for more than just one or two of us, so if you suffer from acne, don’t worry you are not alone & I have a few simple tips to help prevent breakouts throughout the summer months.
Make sure to switch to lighter products that are water based, try looking for makeup products that are water based & do two jobs in one, like BB creams my favourite is Garnier’s, it’s packed full of vitamins & minerals, it even contains UV protection which is a major plus in summer! Also try using an oil-absorbing clay mask once a week. Some of the best products to reduce the oil on your skin are zinc & titanium based sunscreens. Look for Sun Screens that are labelled as “matte finish” and are oil-free.
GOODBYE RED SKIN.
Soothing the redness in your face is easier then you think. By drinking plenty of water, it doesn’t only hydrate your skin but your whole body as well. When possible you should stay out of direct sun, but this is easier said than done, but when out in the sun make sure you use efficient sun protection, sun rays are stronger then we think, even on overcast days!
SMOOTH THINGS OVER
As we pull out our swimsuits for summer, we all want to prepare our skin to look it’s best, & getting rid of dead skin cells is part of looking glowing from head to toe. During the summer we should exfoliate our skin more often than in the winter months. Try using a scrub that contains some form of acid made from sugar, this helps safely remove the outer layer of dead skins cells.
Beauty Tip: Never exfoliate sunburned or wind-chapped skin.
Models: @juliet_burke1 and @aleisha_mutch (owner of Peach Magazine)
Writers: @rlspaan and @aleisha_mutch (owner of Peach Magazine)
Products: @krucialxclothing for the rope necklace.
Look out for the 2nd issue of Peach Magazine coming February/March